We ALL know that stress causes dis-ease. Stress creates tension and lack of motion. Stress clouds our abiliWe ALL know that stress causes dis-ease. Stress creates tension and lack of motion. Stress clouds our ability to think with extreme clarity! Stress zaps motivation and inspiration. Bottom line…STRESS STINKS!! And that stench drives away life’s sweetest rewards. Have you noticed?
As your chiropractor, my primary goal is to locate and correct the results of physical, chemical, and emotional stressors (known as Subluxation) in your life thus ushering in a state of E-A-S-E and healing. The reality is that each and every day we are either moving in a healing direction or on a crash-course with dis-ease. Many are unaware that the solution…IT’S EASY!!! I look forward to sharing with you and supporting you on your journey. Let’s begin by investigating and implementing these 5 E-A-S-Y steps…NOW!!
1. Do Less-Not More!
- There’s a HUGE difference between busy-ness and productivity.
- Determine where you derive the MOST from each minute spent and leverage that
- What form of exercise brings you the most enjoyment AND the greatest rewards?
- Do THAT and forgo other activities that do not produce the same results.
- What activities do you MOST enjoy doing with your children, spouse or significant other?
- Do those and forgo (delegate or just don’t do) all other activities
- What produces the BEST results at work?
- Focus on completing those tasks first every day and once those are done, THEN move on to the rest.
- EVERY person on the planet only has 24-hours in a day. How is it that some accomplish so much and others just muddle by? The difference is how each individual spends their minutes. USE YOUR TIME WISELY and you’ll quickly discover that less IS more!
- Strive to find the BEST in ALL areas of your life and then rinse and repeat!
2. There is ALWAYS Enough Time for Health!
- If you think you don’t have time to be healthy, how in the world do you have time to be sick?
- Why spend your life creating wealth only to have to use that wealth to try and regain your health? BUILD BOTH SIMULTANEOUSLY!!!
- What can you do in the shortest amount of time that provides the most BANG?
For me, that’s my chiropractic adjustments. They only require 5 minutes each week and provide my body with the greatest opportunity for health. So in the weeks when my schedule is SUPER jam-packed, I know I can at least make 5 minutes to have my “power turned on.”
3. Keep a Stress Journal
- That which gets measured, gets improved. If you’re not consciously aware of what creates the most stress, you won’t know what to eliminate.
- Once you have recorded what creates the most stress you have two options:
- Victim: Believe the lie that you cannot do anything about it
- Empowered: Eliminate what you can that creates stress
- Accept WHAT IS…IS about the stress and stop giving it so much energy!
4. What’s PERFECT About Right Now?
- This is the epitome of the optimistic attitude! Even in challenging times train your mind to wrap around what’s PERFECT about right now? When adversity rears its head, ask what lessons can be learned even now? Life’s most challenging moments are often the platform and launch pad for our greatest rewards and victories WHEN we embrace them and Choose to grow through them.
- Our Consciousness drives our Habits/Actions; Our Habits/Actions fuel our Results; our Results produce our Lifestyle. It all begins in our minds and MUST be followed up with in our actions!!
- That which we focus on GROWS…so plant and fertilize the seeds that contribute to a life of E-A-S-E. You have a choice….what will it be?
5. Adopt Habits for SUCCESS and Unhook From the Results!
- We can PLAN, but we cannot predict! Do everything in your power to PLAN for and be prepared, but recognize that you simply cannot predict!
- Choose to focus on the ACTIONS that produce the rewards and absorb the emotions from those actions instead of waiting for the wave of emotion to “drown” you therefore forcing your action.
- Ie: Most individuals never really feel like exercising or choosing veggies over chips and yet the emotions that one feels when they choose discipline over regret thereby exercising or eating healthy FAR outweighs the regret of laziness and chips.
The choice is yours….living in E-A-S-E or chaotic and stressed. I can help. Ask me how!!!
Dr. Felicity Keough
Serving All your Family’s Health Care Needs